Au Traders is an accredited licensed refiner and trader in unwrought and semi-fabricated precious metals.
1. It is AU Traders & Refiners Pty Ltd policy to purchase precious metals from legitimate and ethical sources and that the purchase of such precious metals has not been associated with corruption, crime, armed conflict, misrepresentation of tax and royalty payments or human rights abuse. We will continue to operate our corporation with honesty and the highest moral standards in all aspects of our business.
2. Regarding risk management of serious abuse, we will immediately terminate dealings with suppliers that are identified as a risk that they are sourcing from or linked to, any party committing or partaking in crimes.
3. Au Traders will not be engaged in any unauthorized transactions or accept any precious metals of suspicious nature.
4. Au Traders will not deal with any suppliers or non-state armed groups that directly or indirectly through the extraction, logistical support, trade, handling or export of minerals, but not limited to procuring minerals from, making payment to or otherwise providing logistical assistance or equipment to, non-state armed groups or their associates who
i) Illegally control mine sites, transportation routes, points where minerals are traded and suppliers;
ii) Illegally tax or extort money or minerals from mines, transportation routes or at trading points
iii) Illegally tax or extort intermediaries, export companies, or traders.
5. Au Traders will not forward payment or pre-payment for any precious metal consignment before the conduct of a proper assay. We will not offer, promise, give or demand any bribes, and will resist the solicitation of bribes to conceal or disguise the origin of minerals, to misrepresent taxes, fees and royalties paid to governments for the purpose of mineral extraction, trade, handling, transport and export.
6. Au Traders will not supply any letter of credit, bank guarantee cheques or confirmation letters from a bank. We will take steps to eliminate money laundering where we identify a reasonable risk of money laundering resulting from, or connected to, the extraction, trade, handling, transport or export of minerals derived from the illegal taxation or extortion of minerals at points of access to mine site, along transportation routes or at points were minerals are traded up suppliers.
Download The Precious Metals Act
Beware of Scams
As a refining company we often find that Au Traders and Refiners as well as its shareholders are the victims of scams. Victims might also be people with no association to our company but might be in the market to either buy or sell precious metals and are then scammed by others.
People purporting to be from Au Traders and Refiners act unscrupulously with the end goal of soliciting money and or precious metals illegally from the unsuspecting people they target.
Please be aware that Au Traders and Refiners only contacts people via its legitimate channels. Where we are made aware of such scams we work with the relevant authorities to close them down. We do not have or make use of any agents, either in South Africa or in any other country, to represent our business.
If you believe you have been targeted in any scams please contact our Compliance Officer whom will happily assist with any queries regarding the legitimacy of any specific transaction. You are also advised to report a suspected scam to your local Police.
CONFLICT MINERALS POLICY STATEMENT
AU Traders and Refiners (Pty) Ltd. is a registered Responsible Jewellery Council member and have both C.O.C and C.O.P verification.
We at AU Traders and Refiners (Pty) Ltd. are committed to sourcing Gold Bearing Material from authorised companies in countries that share
AU Traders and Refiners (Pty) Ltd. values and comply with human rights, ethics and environmental responsibility.
We demand that all approved suppliers abide by the requirements which prohibit human rights abuses and unethical practices.
AU Traders and Refiners (Pty) Ltd also require all suppliers to comply with applicable legal standards and requirements as prescribed by the Dodd-Frank Act and World Gold Council Regulations.
In August 2012, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued its final ruling regarding “Conflict Minerals” (known as ‘3TG’ –Tantalum, Tin, Tungsten and Gold) as defined in and required by section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
As a result, many companies procuring gold bearing material are now focusing on whether and to what extent their products contain Conflict Minerals and whether such Conflict Minerals come from the Democratic Republic of Congo and the adjoining countries named in the Act.
AU Traders and Refiners (Pty) Ltd. are committed to engaging with our customers regarding the disclosure of their chain supply obligations.
AU Traders and Refiners (Pty) Ltd. supports the goal of ending violence, human rights violations and environmental devastation in the Covered Countries. We are committed to complying with any requirements applicable to our Company under the Conflict Minerals Rule.
AU Traders and Refiners (Pty) Ltd. is committed to assisting suppliers in complying with conflict mineral requirements and programs.
AU Traders and Refiners (Pty) Ltd. requires all suppliers to provide a completed conflict minerals declaration using the EICC/GeSI Conflict Minerals Reporting Template.